Wednesday 27 August 2014

Workout: tips getting back in shape after summer holidays

It is already end of summer and it means just one thing - the summer holidays are over and it is time to get back to everyday routines and it is time to get back on a new workout and  fitness schedule, with new goals, aims and challenges!
After a long vacation in South of Italy I will have to catch up with quite a lot of things, especially at fitness and healthy lifestyle level. (I have been working on a new, exciting project and soon will be ready to reviled also to the world - so stay tuned! ) 
I can bet I am not the only one to get back on track so here are some tips to get out of that post-vacation depression and get back in shape.


*Set a reachable goal
The best thing that motivates is setting a clear and obtainable goal. Like loosing 2kg (gained in summer vacations) till winter holiday. (One of my goals too - get in shape for next holiday! so can do that together! )
It can also be a goal to get able to run 5km marathon and participate in The Color Run (the worlds funnest and colorful 5km ). I am going to participate on 6th of September here in Milan! who is in with me?
It also can be a detox or teatox cure to loose weight, clear skin and boost immune system. 
and so on and on, it can be several, important that they are attainable and realistic.
Whatever you choose stick to the plan, track your progress and make a deadline, therefore you will be more motivated and inspired by your own results to keep going.
Set a Goal
My last year gym motivational post before the Color Run!

* Get back/ sign up for gym
The best thing to to get back on track is to start a new challenge. It could be a new course, a new class or different gym. I have already hit my gym and started a new workout routine to get more toned and lean.
For some who is not more into weight workout a new group courses or class could be helpful and September is the best way to start a new challenge in a new gym or new course in your old gym as they are full with offers already, fighting to get you to come to their gym offering good deeds. (Good occasion to save some money and find a good offer).
My post-workout selfie
This is me leaving gym after starting my new workout routine. (My are still sour- been 2 days, but I am glad - it means it is working! ) . 


*Get a new gear
Yes, I like colors, I like workout clothes and I do like to look good also in gym. And nothing more inspires me than a nice piece of colorful equipment that you are happy to carry to gym. I know it might sound silly but I do look forward wearing my new sneakers/ fluo shirt or dry-fit leggings to gym.. and this is something you shouldn't feel sorry for investing your money in if after all it will help you to obtain your goals while looking more confident and good about yourself, right?


Get a new workout gear
The bag from Adidas I already have and loving it the same as the Nike Pro sports bra, now my eyes are on Nike workout mat, Victorias Secret Sports bottle and Adidas 3/4 workout pants. just love to mix up some colors and make my workout more personalized.
What's in your workout shopping wish-list?

*Drink water
Plenty of water! you definitely need it! try to wash away all the excess, fast gained weight during vacations. first 1-2kg will disappear in no time if will drink a lot of water. (About water benefits you can read here

*Keep moving
Whatever you do and whatever your daily routines are I can bet there something you can do to get yourself moving. Like taking stairs wherever you go, get out of your public transport 1 or 2 stops before your destination or go to next bus stop in the morning to get some exercises and calorie burning going. If live too far but have a bicycle use it to go to work with it (even if it is 10km), will help the planet, reduce carbon footprint and as additional plus you will get more toned and back in shape in no time. 


Have a walk after lunch
I always try to go out for a walk in lunch break just to keep me moving. (Helps digestion too). And yes, even when it is raining. 

* Prepare food at home
Cook! The best way to control what you eat, how much you eat and how healthy it is. Skip the catch-up dinners/socializing drinks/aperitifs/ brunch etc instead meet up with your friends after a meal for a walk or for a cup of tea or healthy, green smoothy instead of alcohol. (as we all know in a company eating out we intend to eat more than alone so try to stick to your diet and adapt to it your "catching-up" habits and voilà! you have a win-win situation! (Here you can check out some fast and healthy homemade lunch recipes. for more recipes). 
Project Luncbox
Photo credit : Marla Meridith from Family Fresh Cooking. Absolutely lovely blog and great recipes and food inspiration. Photos like hers just want to start cooking right away!


These are all things that helps me getting back on track and maybe will help you too.
Stay fit and stay motivated!

No comments:

Post a Comment