Wednesday 20 March 2013

DIY: Vernazza Vase Project

One of my favorite places on the world is Vernazza (one of the Cinque Terre little fishermen towns) - a paradise at Italian Riviera. (can check out some of my pictures from Vernazza here or on my pintrest page).

On 25 October 2011, Vernazza was struck by torrential rains, massive flooding and mudslides that left the town buried in over 4 metres of mud and debris, causing over 100 million euro worth of damage. The town was evacuated and remained in a continued state of emergency. it was terrible time for the lovely vilalge, but it were reconstructed and got back on its feet again.
So when I was there last August I saw these lovely, colorful peebles and shatters and splitnes of different ceramics, vases, walls,etc.  along all the coast - as remines of all Vernazza, I decided to "put them back together" creating something dedicated to this lovely place and memories - something lasting,i picked them up and  made a mosaic, which I glued on my plain,white vase for Orchidea to make it more pretty.
So now I have my own, unique, colorful vase from Vernazza which carries the charm and story of the town and makes me dream of Summer, beach and the sun every time I see it :)

colorful peebles from Vernazza
voilà - colorful flower pot


No comments:

Post a Comment