Thursday 7 February 2013

DIY: Crochet; polka-dot gloves

when I was sick few weeks ago and were forced to stay home and bed, I decided that despite the fact I cannot go anywhere nor work with pc, to make my regular,long winter gloves refresh with some colours.
as I had a red hat and also a scottish-red scarf, than decided to brighten them with red polkadots.
so all I did was, I took a crochet hook and a read yearn and made small  bumps - enough to decorate all gloves.
actually it is real easy - just make a chain stitch  of 5 or 6 chains (depending how big dot you want) than tie together first loop and last ad voilà! you have your polka dot! than cut the tread and star a new one! and make as many you want! than just ad to your gloves using the crochet hook, turn inside out of the glove and tie them together and here you go!  you have more lively and colourful gloves! :) no picture tutorial this time, but here is the result! :)

hope you'll enjoy it :)
my new, improved gloves
p.s. I really like crochet and basically you can create everything with this technique. so as long as you have imagination or Google :) you can create something truly greator give some old thing a new looks!
BTW, here is a link How to crochet basics :)

No comments:

Post a Comment