Thursday 28 February 2013

The skiing adventure in Folgaria

yes! I did it! I finally did it! I tried Alpine skiing (in Alps). I've been living in Milan for over 2 years now and i had never been there. So few weekedns ago received a proposal of friends to go skiing to a lovely city  near Trentino - Folgaria. as my friend has rented an appartment there that it was even easier to enjoy all weekend and do not stress about finding an accomodation (which, i must say during winter season is pretty tough).
we went to this nice resort (click here). also the prices were really good a lot cheeper than it would be even closer to Milan.
as it was my first time Alpine skiing than without falling (a LOT) you won't learn anything. But as my friends were laughing that I have a snow chromosome as it woudl be the only explanation why I am so good after few hours already! :) hehe but as I used to skii (cross country and small hills) every winter since I was 3, than I think it was a lot easier to learn.
Here are some pictures from the adventure :)
The snow happiness


me before going Pro :D

road to Folgaria

challange accepted
 While beeing up and skiing I used this cool sport traccker application called Endomondo (click here). it's really great app if you are doing sports and want to track your progress and see your stats: average speed, burned calories(!!) performance, time, etc. they even draw map for you and you can challenge others as well as set your own goals. try it out ^ ^
view from the 2500m

the snow team

Bombardino
Bombardino is something you jsut can't do without when you are skiing. A drink made of wipped cream, hot VOV (liquer), brandy and caffè. for my taste a little bit too sweet, but it's every skiiers must once you been spending all day on tracks catching, sun, wind and the beautiful view. :)



1 comment: